Our Life is Mission!
Excerpts from Our Lady’s Missionaries Chapter Statement 2015
The focus of our mission continues to be:
- those made poor, the homeless and the marginalized
- climate change and other ecological concerns with a special appreciation of the new encyclical Laudato Si
- women and children
- cross cultural and interfaith connections
- refugees and immigrants – in response to the current worldwide crisis
- indigenous peoples – in response to the release of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission report
And, we continue the mission of our love and care of each other – supporting and affirming the ministry of each one as she tells her story.
“Put on then as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness and patience, forbearing one another and if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony, and let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.”
– Col 3:12-15
C. 70 As a family, we are united, yet dispersed throughout the world, each one unique in her varying gifts and culture, yet each a part of the other.
C. 88 As missionaries, we will feel a special need to remind people, wherever we are, of the grave injustices inflicted on our sisters and brothers throughout the world.
Together with them, and with the disadvantaged everywhere, we, as Christians, will be ever mindful that the cause of the poor is God’s cause.